Terms & Conditions
These Website Standard Terms and Conditions (these “Terms” or these “Website Standard Terms and Conditions”) contained herein on this webpage, shall govern your use of this website, including all pages within this website (collectively referred to herein below as this “Website”). These Terms apply in full force and effect to your use of this Website and by using this Website, you expressly accept all terms and conditions contained herein in full. You must not use this Website, if you have any objection to any of these Website Standard Terms and Conditions.
This Website is not for use by any minors (defined as those who are not at least 18 years of age), and you must not use this Website if you a minor.
Intellectual Property Rights
Other than content you own, which you may have opted to include on this Website, under these Terms, St. Scholastica Monastery and/or its licensors own all rights to the intellectual property and material contained in this Website, and all such rights are reserved.
You are granted a limited license only, subject to the restrictions provided in these Terms, for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
You are expressly and emphatically restricted from all of the following:
- publishing any Website material in any media;
- selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- using this Website in any way that is, or may be, damaging to this Website;
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in a way that causes, or may cause,
- harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website, or while using this Website;
- using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing;
Certain areas of this Website are restricted from access by you and St. Scholastica Monastery may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality of such information.
In these Website Standard Terms and Conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video, text, images or other material you choose to display on this Website. With respect to Your Content, by displaying it, you grant St. Scholastica Monastery a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media.
Your Content must be your own and must not be infringing on any third party’s rights. St. Scholastica Monastery reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time, and for any reason, without notice.
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and St. Scholastica Monastery makes no express or implied representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website.
Additionally, nothing contained on this Website shall be construed as providing consult or advice to you.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall St. Scholastica Monastery, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, be liable to you for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website, whether such liability is under contract, tort or otherwise, and St. Scholastica Monastery, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent St. Scholastica Monastery from and against any and all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Terms unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Variation of Terms
St. Scholastica Monastery is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review such Terms on a regular basis to ensure you understand all terms and conditions governing use of this Website.
St. Scholastica Monastery shall be permitted to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification or consent required. However, you shall not be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
These Terms, including any legal notices and disclaimers contained on this Website, constitute the entire agreement between St. Scholastica Monastery and you in relation to your use of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings with respect to the same.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Minnesota, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Minnesota for the resolution of any disputes.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.retreatduluth.org. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
During registration for a program or event, a user is required to give certain information (such as name, email address, mailing address) and financial information (like a credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purpose and to contact you about the program or event for which you have registered.
Credit Card Transactions
For your convenience, we offer an online option for program/event registration and charitable donations. All website transactions are handled by our online booking agent, Retreat Guru, and secure payments are processed by Authorize.net. Charges to your credit card will appear on your bill as "RG *retreatdulut".
We use an outside shipping company to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes beyond filling your order.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
The Center for Spirituality and Enrichment is a ministry of St. Scholastica Monastery (Benedictine Sisters Benevolent Association) of Duluth, MN which is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization - EIN# 41-0698300. As such, all donations (no goods or services provided in return) are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. By making a charitable donation to the Center for Spirituality and Enrichment the donor understands that charitable donations are not refundable. We strive to be faithful stewards of the investment and resources entrusted to us, and seek to be transparent in the way we do ministry.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Programs and Retreats
A 50% deposit is required to make a reservation for one of our programs or to reserve a room for a private retreat / sabbatical. This deposit is the confirmation of your reservation and is non-refundable if there is a cancellation 30 days or less prior to your reservation date. The deposit will be subtracted from the total fee upon completion of the contract. Deposits may be refunded in case of an emergency.
Meeting Room Rental
A 50% deposit is required to reserve one of our meeting rooms for your event. Along with your signed Lease Agreement, your balance is due upon arrival. This deposit is the confirmation of your reservation and is non-refundable if there is a cancellation 30 days or less prior to your reservation date. The deposit will be subtracted from the total fee upon completion of the contract. Deposits may be refunded in case of an emergency.
As a nonprofit, we seek to keep our costs as low as possible in order to offer our programs and retreats accessible to as many people as possible. Cancellations on the part of the registrant, close to the date of the program, adds to our cost while limiting our ability to offer that program to others. Consequently, we have implemented the following policy:
- Registration Cancellation by Participant
- Unless specifically stated on registration materials, the deadline to receive a refund for your registration is one week (7 days) prior to the event. Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment or a check will be sent to the original check address.
- Cancellations received 6 days (or less) prior to the event will not be eligible for a refund as we need to confirm attendance.
- Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event (no-shows).
- Cancellations are requested in written format via e-mail at email@example.com or U.S. Mail and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
- You can transfer your event fee to a future program or retreat if you meet the cancelation deadline. All transfer credits must be used within 2 years of the original event date.
- After the cancelation deadline, you can transfer your registration to another person for the same event.
- Event Cancellation by the Center for Spirituality and Enrichment (CSE)
- The CSE reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable.
- If the CSE cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund or transfer to a future event.
- Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, registrants will have the option to either receive a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date.
- The CSE accepts no responsibility for travel arrangements or any other actual or perceived loss due to cancellation of a training event.
"One Mission, Two Locations"
St. Scholastica Monastery
1001 Kenwood Avenue
Duluth, MN 55811
McCabe Renewal Center
2125 Abbotsford Avenue
Duluth, MN 55803